2 day program
Designed to provide managers, supervisors, and trainers
an extensive guide to assist them in leadership development
Basic supervisory skills are presented and explored
The Twelve Dimensions Of Leadership are discussed and practiced
Participants will understand key techniques and applications
of leadership, which will serve to enhance employee performance
and improve organizational effectiveness
This 2 day program is designed to provide managers, supervisors
and trainers an extensive guide to assist them in supervision
techniques from line to mid-management supervision. At the end
of this course, participants will be able to effectively apply
leadership principles, learned in the first day, towards supervisory
Our Leadership Development Program helps people in your organization:
- Discover their management strengths and weaknesses
- Assess four broad aspects of leadership: Character, Analysis,
Accomplishment, and Interaction
- Explores leadership from three points of view: self as leader,
another person as leader, leadership needs in a given situation
- Identifying important leadership characteristics across twelve
- Helps the organization match leadership characteristics to
- Respond to opportunities
COMMENTS FROM COURSE PARTICIPANTS
"Helped me to focus my priorities."
"Your leadership with horses was a great change for the
kids and really enhanced their learning."
Nolan, Bell County 4H
At the end of this program, " EFFECTIVE SUPERVISION SKILLS
PROGRAM: LINKING LEADERSHIP TO SUPERVISION," the participants
- Define the relationship between leadership and supervision.
- List the 8 key facets of leadership.
- Discover and interpret your leadership style.
- Define high-performance supervision.
- Define the principles involved in supervision.
- Discover what it takes to become a supervisor.
- Discover how to properly leverage your leadership style to
COURSE LENGTH AND LOCATION
This program can be done in a 1 or 2 day format. The 2 day format
program is recommended for the greatest impact on your organization,
particularly if we are using horses. We can do the course at
your location(without horses) or at an off site conference facility.
Section 1 - Leadership to Supervision Linkage
- Definition and Myths About Leadership
- Definition and Myths About Supervision
- The Linkage Between Leadership and Supervision
Section 2 - The Principles of Leadership
- Setting the Course- Direction
- Seeing Dreams- Realizing the Vision
- The Desire for Excellence
- Being Competent, Caring, and Challenging
- Earning Trust
- Motivating Those Around You
- Knowing How to Assess Justly
- Be an Inventor and Catalyst
Section 3 - The Dimensions of Leadership
- Your Point of View
- Interpretation Stage I - Focus of Attention
- Interpretation Stage II - Leadership Wheel Assessment
- Implications of High Emphasis Scores
Section 4 - The Supervisor
- The Definition of a Supervisor
- The Characteristics of a Supervisor
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Supervision
Section 5 - Human Relations and Communication
- The Five Foundations of Human Relations
- Motivation Principles in Supervision
- The Working Climate
- Communicating with Employees
- Counseling and Appraisals of Performance
- Listening and Learning
Section 6 - Supervising Organizational Objectives
- Planning and Establishing Goals
- The Art of Delegation
- Setting Priorities
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Managing Time and Conflict Resolution
- Change- Is It a Good or Bad Thing?
Section 7 Pertinent Conclusions
- Common Mistakes You Don't Want to Make
- Placing Leadership in Your Supervisory Style (Tying It All
"If you don't do it excellently, don't
do it at all. Because if it's not excellent, it won't be profitable
or fun, and if you're not in business for fun or profit, what
the hell are you doing there?"
"Do whatever you do intensely."