½ to 2 day interactive program
Designed to assist telephonic customer service employees
and receptionists in dealing professionally in a telephonic
Participants will master concepts in effective communication
techniques and how to manage their customer's inquiries and
problems via the telephone
Participants will learn effective telephone skills and
be able to improve their representation of their company
This 1 day program is designed to assist employees who spend
most of their time dealing with telephonic customer service or
as receptionists in dealing professionally in a telephonic environment.
Students will be provided with concepts in effective communication
techniques and how to effectively deal with their customer's
inquiries and problems via the telephone. Through role-play and
structured critique and feedback techniques, participants will
learn effective telephone skills and be able to improve their
representation of their company with the telephone.
Our Telephone Skills Program helps people in your organization:
- Increase employee empathy with your customers
- Learn their own personality styles
- Recognize and adapt to customer personality styles
- Overcome communication barriers and reduce conflict
- Learn how to manage their customer's inquiries and problems
via the telephone
- Learn effective telephone techniques and be able to improve
their representation of their company
COMMENTS FROM COURSE PARTICIPANTS
"I've taken telephone Skills workshops before, but yours
gave me some new ideas!"
Stacy Logan, Texas
"Thanks for giving such an entertaining seminar on an
Cindy Hopwell, Texas Food Bank
"Your information was well presented and timely for our
Jack Wells, Hendricks Medical
At the end of this program, "Terrific Telephone Techniques",
- Be able to understand the four basic behavioral styles and
adapt their behavior style to that of the caller.
- Know the rules of Telephone etiquette and be able to employ
these rules for successful telephone encounters.
- Be able to take and record telephone messages efficiently
- Improve their telephone skills by improving and enhancing
their listening skills.
- Be able to understand what makes a good telephone voice and
gain the skills to train their telephone voice.
- Be able to list and define the three sections of the successful
- Understand and utilize various probing questions to elicit
appropriate responses from callers.
- Understand how to handle complaints and diffuse angry callers.
COURSE LENGTH AND LOCATION
This program can be done in a 1 or 2 day format. A 2 day program
is recommended for the greatest impact on your organization.
We can do the course at your location or at an off site conference
Section 1 - Understanding Both Ends Of The Line!
- Assessing Your Style
- Utilizing & Interpreting The Personal Profile System®
- DISC Behavioral Styles
- Identification Of Your Primary Behavioral Style
- Assessing Your Behavioral Style And Its Impact On Customer
- "Reading", Responding & Adapting To Your
Customer's Behavioral Style
- Using Style Assessor Sheets
- Managing Customer Interactions Effectively
- What You Perceive, is What You Receive
- Development of Effective Customer Service Plans
Section 2 - Exceptional Telephonic Etiquette
- The First Impression
- The Ahhh's of Telephone Etiquette
- Taking Accurate Messages
Section 3 -- LISTENTICATION: The Art of Hearing What
is Said And Seeing What You Hear!
- Listening Statistics
- Common Reasons For NOT Listening
- Active Listening Skills And Techniques
- Other Factors In Sending Messages
- How To Become A More Effective Listener
Section 4 -- CONTROLLING THE CALL
- Your Telephone Voice
- Three Sections Of The Successful Telephone Call
- Probing Questions
Section 5 -- DIFFUSING THE ANGRY CALLER
- How To Handle Complaints
- The 10 Power Words To Soothe A Savage Caller
- Out Of Sight, (Or Hearing), Out Of Mind
"Make service your first priority, not success
and success will follow."
"Be everywhere, do everything, and never
fail to astonish the customer."
"Never underestimate the power of the irate customer."
Joel E. Ross